• Can I file an RTI to Indian Overseas Bank for my husband's salary certificate and caste certificate details to provide as a proof in the Court for our matrimonial case?

  • RTI Experts


    Indian Overseas Bank is is a public authority and the RTI Act is applicable to it.

    Under section 2, you could obtain certified copies of the relevant documents and records.

    On account recent judgments passed by the Central Information Commission, details regarding property details, investments and assets can be accessed by the spouse under the Right to Information Act. In such cases, a larger public interest is involved overriding personal information with respect to the duty of a government official to provide maintenance to his wife.

Log in to reply