Additional Pension - Payment Not Made

  • Hi

    There is an additional pension payable for a pensioner who is above 80 years. This was pending with Treasury Department for long time. Can I raise an RTI and get the information and solve the issue ?

    Prabakaran VK

  • RTI Experts


    The authority dealing with the subject of pensions is a public authority and the RTI Act is applicable to it.

    Under section 2(f) of the RTI Act, you could obtain copies of relevant documents and records relating to any policy/rules along with copies of any correspondence/communication exchanged between departments/officials relating to the subject matter of your query.

  • YES

    Treasury Department comes under Public Authority. Thus, You have right to get information from trrasury department.

    However, you can't solve problem using RTI Act. After getting information, you need to envoke some other mechanisms such as Grievance Redressal Proedures to solve the problem.

Log in to reply