central govt employee permission for higher studies

• I am a Central govt Employee working in Directorate General Of Training under Ministry Of Skill Development and enterprunership. I have sent RTI appln with my friend name asking the details of the no. of persons applied for study leave , permission rules for higher study ,no. of people applied for Ph.D full time/ part time etc., . They replied that there is no such records are maintained and need not provide also. whether their answer is correct as per RTI act.

• RTI Experts

Depends.

You could either file a appeal against the said decision on the grounds as to why this information is maintained with the said public authority and the reasons which warrants the disclosure of such information .

You could also file a fresh RTI application with the ministry of personnel, public grievances and pensions to know about the details in terms of figures and other relevant details.

• NO.

Their Reply is misleading. All details asked by you must be maintained and they must furnish those information to you. File First Appeal under section 19(1) of the RTI Act before First Appellate Authority in the same department with prayer to provide opportunity of hearing.

• NO.

Their Reply is misleading. All details asked by you must be maintained and they must furnish those information to you. File First Appeal under section 19(1) before First Appellate Authority under RTI Act in the same department with prayer to provide opportunity of hearing.