registry document of a property

  • Can I get through RTI the registry document of a property (which was registered in the name of my husband) as per your record and it was registered in whose name?

  • RTI Experts


    The authority maintaining land records and documents is a public authority and the RTI Act is applicable to it. Land records are usually maintained and identified by their location and address (in terms of survey number or any other reference number).

    If you have the address (plot no. or survey no. or any other reference number), then under section 2(f) of the Act, you could obtain copies of the property related documents.

    however, identifying land records by name is difficult to identify by land authorities. Though under section 2 you could also request for personal inspection of records

Log in to reply