Details regarding BAL HANUMAN CO-operative HOUSING SOCIETY

• Can I get the following details under RTI?

1) kindly inform me whether BAL HANUMAN CO-operative HOUSING SOCIETY, located at J R BORICHA MARG, OPPOSITE KASTURBA HOSPITAL , JACOB CIRCLE, Mumbai 400011 , is in ROAD WIDENING under DEVELOPMENT PLAN or this property is reserved for any usage of government under DEVELOPMENT PLAN.

2)kindly provide me with the map of this society showing the actual tenants with total number of commercial and residential tenants .

3) kindly provide me CS plot number of the above property.

4)kindly inform me whether this property comes under SLUM OR ESTATE and please provide me the latest GOVERNMENT RESOLUTION in regard with the above property ..

• RTI Experts

Depends.

The authority maintaining the land records and the details of the same is a public authority and the RTI Act is applicable to it.

However, as per a recent Supreme Court judgement, co operative societies are not within the ambit of the RTI Act.

The land records, details of the plot and the sanctioned plan could be obtained from the land authority to which the land belongs or who had alloted the same. Under section 2(f), you could obtain the relevant documents.

However, the information maintained by the society such As details of ownership will not be subject to the RTI Act.

The doctrine of severability would be applied