Pension details of my mother

• My mother is getting Pension of my Late Father from LIC. My father was an employee of New India Assurance Company. Till past October 2015, her pension amount was Rs.8025/- but after that it is reduced to Rs.5278/- As i have enquire from the New India Assurance Local office here in Varanasi,U.P., Authorities said that there is no provision of reducing the family pension if getting after death of the employee. Can RTI help me

• RTI Experts

Yes.

New India Assurance is a public authority and the RTI Act is applicable to it.

Under Section 2(f) of RTI Act, you could documents and records regarding your specific query and obtain the reasons as to why the amount was decreased, the file notings of your file and all the concerned documents therein with specific reference as to the basis on which the said decision was taken and also the copies of various correspondences/communications exchanged between departments/personnel. You could also obtain information relating to the overall policy of such a decision and other related information.