Summon details

  • My wife has filed a complaint against my brother which has gone to the courts. My brother fails to attend the hearings as he claims that he did not receive the summons . When asked the clerk in the court house he says he has forwarded the summons to the police station and the police claim that they have not received any summons.can i file an rti to get court summons ?

  • RTI Experts


    The information requested by you in your query deals with a judicial process and as such the RTI Act would not be beneficial for the requested purpose. Issuing of summons is carried out by the Court itself and is a separate judicial procedure. The RTI Act cannot be availed for issuing of summons.

    The remedy is that you can inspect the court file which can be done by the concerned counsel of your case and ascertain the reasons for non-issuance.

Log in to reply