RTI to Periyar university

• I had applied for MBA course of Periyar university (Salem-Tamil Nadu) through study centre (Bangalore School of Business-1579), which was located at New Delhi-110044 in year 2009-2011.

I have already received my Provisional degree, which was processed through the study centre only. Now, the study centre does not exist so, I had applied for my Final Degree of MBA with all the formalities done.

I have sent the required documents (Form, DD-221805, copy of marksheets, etc.) to the university through Speed Post on 28th Aug, 2015 but I have not yet received my Degree till the time neither have any communication regarding the same. As, I was not able to get connected on their telephone no. which is provided on their website, so I have mailed them on their e-mail Id (registrar@periyaruniversity.ac.in) many times but till the time have not received any update. How can RTI help me?

• RTI Experts

Yes.

The University is a private university and thus the RTI Act is applicable to it.

Under Section 2(f) of RTI Act, you could obtain documents and records pertaining to your application in terms of the file notings and the documents pursuant to your application. You could also obtain the reasons for delay in processing your application and the details of the concerned officers who would have dealt with your case.