Illegal encroachment.

  • There is illegal construction of house on a gram Panchayat land which also serves as a road or pathway . Can we file an RTI to remove this encroachment ?

  • RTI Experts


    You can use the RTI to obtain information regarding the encroachment and then use the information to highlight the issue and report it to the concerned land authorities.

    You can use the RTI to ascertain the details regarding policies/rules regarding construction. Under Section 2(f) of RTI Act, you could documents and records in this regard. Furthermore, you could also obtain information and records such as the number and details of instances whereby the land authority has demolished illegal structures, the mode and form of action taken against errant builders, the number and details of instances whereby such type of complaints have been made to the authority and other relevant details.

    Once you have obtained such information, you could use it to report it to the authorities or highlight the related issues.

Log in to reply