RTI to know if MBBS from Southwestern University - Matias is approved in India

• Can I file an RTI to know whether MBBS degree of Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery(MBBS/MD) from the Southwestern University - Matias H. Aznar Memorial College of Medicine, Inc. (SWU-MHAM College of Medicine),City-Cebu, Philippines is Approved by the Embassy of India (Manila) ? If so, to whom should I file the RTI?

• RTI Experts

Depends.

It is less likely that the embassy would provide approvals for educational degrees obtained from foreign universities/institutes.

Depending upon your query, in case you wish to seek the status of the degree of the institute mentioned, then you can file a RTI Application with the authority in India under which medical education is governed. You could file an application with the Ministry of Health to know about the status of the degree/institute and its status in India. Under Section 2(f) of RTI Act, you could documents and records in this regard.

• sir i want to admission in nepal in mbbs course so plz sir you tell me who university of nepal affliated by medical councile of india (MCI) , and indian student after mbbs study in nepal again retake exam of mci in india nd not