Getting RTI reply at foreign address?

  • I am NRI, reside at Mauritius. Can I get reply of my RTI inquiry from concerned department at my Mauritius address or need to provide Indian address?

  • RTI Experts


    The RTI Act clearly states that the Act is applicable for Indian Citizens as well as for Non-Resident Indians.

    You can definitely file a RTI application from a foreign address. The Government had come up with different solutions to enable Indians living abroad to avail of RTI related services.

    You may refer to the below links for detailed information.

    For more detailed information and assistance, you may contact the team at in filing your RTI Application.

Log in to reply