I want to get a sketch of land which belongs to my sister.I have only Survey No.Is there any possibility to get the sketch of the land in online.

• I want to get a sketch of land which belongs to my sister.I have only Survey No.Is there any possibility to get the sketch of the land in online.

• RTI Experts

Depends.

Under Section 2(f) of RTI Act, you can obtain the copies of the sketch plan of the land as it falls under the category of documents and records being maintained by the public authority.

Under Section 2(j) of the RTI Act, you can obtain certified copies of the sketch plan. You may also request for providing the required information through electronic mode under the said section.

However, the provision of providing the information online does not exist under the RTI Act. The criteria for providing information by the public authority is that it does not disproportionately divert the resources of the public authority or would be detrimental to the safety or preservation of the record in question.