ancestor property details

  • Hi, my father ancestor property which was from 1982 till now has been burnt as per commissioner. Can i get the record from somewhere else so that it will be helpful for my case which is there in district court. Please help us out..

  • RTI Experts


    The authority which maintains the land records falls under the ambit of RTI Act and thus the said information can be obtained.

    At the outset, you can obtain information regarding whether the submission made by the officer is correct or not. Under Section 2(f) of the RTI Act, you can obtain information whether your records have actually been destroyed or not. You can obtain documents, records, file notings etc under the said section.

    The land records are usually obtained by the survey number and accordingly maintained in the Magistrate/Revenue Authority's office. Therefore, if you have the correct survey number, you can obtain the copies of the land records.

Log in to reply