Pension issue

  • I need help / suggestion to file RTI. " My Father was working as Professor and he had retired from on 31st Dec 2014. His pension and other things like EL etc.. has not been settle till now. My Father has passed away in 2016. Even i has submitted all the required document of my Mother . But there is no response from University."

    Can someone please help me, how to file RTI and suggest if filing RTI will help in this case?

  • Dear Guest,
    by the way of RTI, you only ask for documents etc. if the concern staff is not working you may approach authority or on the basis of papers(if you have), suit the file in the Court of Law.

  • RTI Experts


    You can use the RTI Act to access the information relating to your father's records from different departments. You can obtain the records from the pension department as well as from the university.

    Under section 2 (f) of the RTI Act, you could obtain certified copies of the relevant documents and records. You could also obtain specific information in terms of the policy adopted with respect to specific instances and then see possible instances of any discrepancies in the policy adopted. You could obtain copies of orders/notifications issued by the authority in this regard along with copies of communications/correspondence exchanged between departments/officials.

    Incase you do not get a suitable response in the RTI Application, you can file a first appeal as well as second appeal before the Central Information Commission/State Information Commission.

Log in to reply