RTI CIC Decision: No Penalty awarded: What next
The 2nd appeal decision was passed by CIC, in which he got aligned with all the concerns raised by me.
But still in his decision, he had not imposed any penalty on CPIO.
Please guide me on
- What can be next?
- Mistakes in my applications (at RTI application, 1st appeal and 2nd appeal), so that same can be avoided in future?
- Improvements in my applications (at RTI application, 1st appeal and 2nd appeal), so that same can be included in future?
My applications are available at:
- RTI Application: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xc3o0lynafod07i/RTI12_1_Application.pdf?dl=0
- First Appeal: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4nz7mmks1ejsfo/RTI12_3_1st_appeal.pdf?dl=0
- 1st Appeal Hearing: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4vqu4v4p03csdf/RTI12_6_1st_appeal_hearing.pdf?dl=0
- 1st Appeal Reply: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bnxtui9pb6pl6q2/RTI12_7_1st_appeal_reply.pdf?dl=0
- Second Appeal: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wnbwa028gf7orzj/RTI12_9_second_appeal.pdf?dl=0
- 2nd Appeal Submission: https://www.dropbox.com/s/untrdw4sg12ova2/RTI12_12_Submission_2nd_Appeal.pdf?dl=0
- CIC Decision: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3aguylxyewbc7i/RTI12_16_CIC_Decision.pdf?dl=0
The issue of imposing penalty on the PIO deals with the issue of the concerned officer adopting a lethargic approach and failing to adhere to the spirit of the RTI Act. As per section 20 of the RTI Act, the Commission has to decide the aspect of imposition of penalty.
As per the CIC order, there has been an observation the redressal system is itself suffering from problems, so that could be one reason that its a widespread practice in the concerned department and the CIC may not have wanted to single out an officer when the entire system in that particular department is at fault and needs overhauling.