Regarding property tax

  • I am going to buy an individual house.but the building has no BRS but they haveLRS. Can I buy the house. One more thing I would like to add is, when I searched about property tax , i have seen a component named penalty for unauthorized construction :Rs2500. can I buy that house. If I buy the house how can i get rid of unauthorized construction penalty

  • RTI Experts


    The issue of property tax and the status of valid or unauthorized construction is dealt by the concerned municipal authority. Municipal authorities are public authorities and are covered within the ambit of RTI Act.

    Under section 2(f), you could obtain documents and records relating to the actual policy adopted by the authority with respect to the subject matter of your query. You could also obtain specific information in terms of the policy adopted with respect to specific instance of your property and then see possible instances of any discrepancy or difference in the policy adopted.

Log in to reply