Finding out status of salary increment based on additional qualifications

  • I had acquired a Ph.D degree while in service under the Faculty Improvement Programme of the UGC and degree was awarded in 2009. Till date, in spite of submitting relevant documents multiple times and sending reminders, no action has been initiated by the Department of Higher Education, Karnataka. Is it possible to know what is the cause of this inordinate delay through RTI?

  • RTI Experts


    The education department and the University Grants Commission are public authorities and are within the ambit of the RTI Act.

    Under section 2(f), you could obtain certified copies of the relevant documents and records such as the documents relating to your application, copies of correspondence exchanged between departments/personnel, file notings, copies of orders/circulars amongst others.

Log in to reply