Information regarding promotion in PSU

  • Dear Sir,

    I have been working in one of the miniratna category-A CPSEs, since Dec-2011. As per the company rule, there is a time bound promotion policy by which executives get promotion after 4 years, if the ACRs during this period are not negative/poor. My ACRs were good in those four years. Accordingly, I got an interview call to attend personal interview for the post of next level grade, in the month of April-2016. There was an interview panel consisting of two higher officials (not from our department) from corporate office of our organisation, but our head of the department from corporate office was not present in the panel. I was the only candidate to attend an interview for the post, hence there was no competition at all. I performed well in that interview. All the executives from other departments, whoever attended the interview for next level posts, on or after the day on which I attended the interview, have got promotion letter in the end of the month, except me.

    After some inquiry, I came to know that there is no vacancy/post available for which I have given an interview. How is it possible?

    I would like to know, where to appeal for the above matter. I have already approached all my senior officials but got no response so far.

    Please help me out.

    Thanking you in anticipation

  • RTI Experts


    A Public Sector Unit (PSU) is a public authority and is covered under the RTI Act.

    Regarding your case, you can avail the benefit of the RTI Act to substantiate your case before the relevant authority. The appropriate channel to seek redressal of your grievance would be to approach the appropriate forum/body within the organisation. The other approach would be to seek redressal from the courts dealing with employment related matters.

    Under section 2(f) of the RTI Act, you could obtain certified copies of the relevant documents and records pertaining to the interview, the method of selection, official correspondence between departments/officials regarding your case alongwith copies of orders/notifications issued by the authority in this regard. You could then use this information to add weight to your claim.

Log in to reply