Reply denied under RTI

• I had filed a RTI with Delhi University asking for day wise attendance of a Law Student and also for Certified copies of the register or records maintained for attendance for his entire study period i.e 2012- 2015.

Reply received from the CPIO states that " Information in the said form is not kept in the office of Law Centre 2.It is also further clarified that the attendance record of the student after the semester exam is available only in aggregate form not on day to day basis'

ii. Same as reply to Point i

iii. Same as reply to Point i

iv. Same as reply to Point i

v. Same as reply to Point i'

• RTI Experts

Depends.

The information provided is usually in the manner and form as maintained by the concerned public authority. It would be less likely for the concerned PIO to provide the information in the manner as requested by the applicant which may or may not be similar. Additionally, there is the option of physical inspection of records.

You would have to approach the First Appellate Authority and file a first appeal u/s 19 of the
    RTI Act if you are not satisfied with the response raising the plea that the pio has failed to adhere to its duty and render all possible assistance to the applicant in providing the information.