enquiry for non payment of fellowship

  • I am a PhD scholar worked in an university for an year.After working for almost an year when the funding agency refused to release fellowship the University department Chairperson admitted that they did late recruitment and that is the reason the funding agency has refused the recruitment itself and the fellowship in turn. Can a PhD scholar enquire with the university why no fellowship was given ?Why the scholars have to suffer because of University's misdeed?

  • RTI Experts


    If the concerned body is a public authority, the RTI Act would be applicable to it.

    If the concerned body is a private entity, it would be outside the ambit as RTI Act is not applicable to private bodies/organisations. In this case, you could address your application to the University Grants Commission (UGC).

    Under section 2 (f) of the RTI Act, you could obtain certified copies of the relevant documents and records. You could also obtain copies of orders/notifications issued by the authority in this regard along with copies of communications/correspondence exchanged between departments/officials, copies of any report prepared along with policy related documents and other related details with respect to the particular incident of your fellowship.

Log in to reply