RTI for finding out whether owner has obtained trade license to run Ladies PG hostel

  • HI,

    I am residing in the first floor of a apartment with 4 floors of which 3 are being used to run Ladies PG hostel. Without getting any sort of consent or no objection certificate from us the owner is running the hostel. Around 40+ working ladies and students are residing in the hostel with no proper sanitation, no Security guard or Security cameras. I suspect that the owner does not have trade license which is required to run a PG hostel. My question is, Can i file a RTI to find out whether the guy has obtained any sort of license in order to run the ladies pg hostel?

  • Anyone please? it would be great if someone could shed some light on this

  • RTI Experts


    The details of license(s) issued or permission granted for such type of commercial activities is within the purview of the RTI Act. The authorities in this case, will most likely be the local municipal authorities which are public authorities under the RTI Act.

    Under section 2(f), you could obtain copies of the relevant documents and records regarding the permission(s)to obtained for running such an establishment, whether this particular establishment has the necessary approvals, the details of action to be taken in case there is violation of norms and other related aspects.

Log in to reply