My degree has not been issued from EIILM University

• Hello,

I have finished BA from EIILM University, session JUL '2010 to JUN' 2013. I have sent mails and written application to University to issue my degree as I had done my degree from Distance education mode but they have not responded. There is no information on the website also to request or check status of degree.

Please let me know how I can get my degree certificate.

• RTI Experts

Depends.

If the said university is a government university, then it is a public authority and the RTI Act is directly applicable to it. You could obtain the relevant documents and records under section 2(f) of the RTI Act.

If the said university is a deemed university by the UGC, then it is directly covered under the RTI Act and you could obtain the relevant documents and records under section 2(f) of the RTI Act. Various CIC judgments have held the private deemed universities are under the RTI Act.

If the university is a private university, then you will have to approach the University Grants Commission (UGC) to obtain the relevant information about the college through the RTI Act.