TRANSACTION DONE, AMOUNT DEDUCTED BUT BENEFICIARY DID NOT RECEIVE

• My self Sunaina dhar having Indus ind bank account no-100042191707 had done online transaction on 9-9-2016 in my beneficiary account no11091026146 IFSC code SBIN0RRELGB. At that time I have received successfully transaction massage(IMPS/P2A/11091026146/SBIN/625320144245) but unfortunately transferred amount not receive by beneficiary. Both banks are denying to do help in this case they are saying go to RBI for this. Tell me the perfect one solution.....I do have all the revelvant docs also.

Regards

Sunaina

/SBIN/625320144245

• RTI Experts

Depends.

Indus Ind Bank is a private entity and is hence not covered under the ambit of the RTI Act.

However, if the other bank is a public/government bank, then you could avail the benefit of the RTI Act as the same would be covered under the RTI Act.

Under section 2(f) of the RTI Act, you could obtain the certified copies of all the relevant documents and records relating to the said transaction including correspondence exchanged between personnel/departments, file notings, status of complaints and others aspects.

You could also address a written complaint to the RBI based on the documents and also the RTI replies. Besides this, you could also address an application to the RBI rgearding the steps taken by both the banks to sort this issue out along with the details and status of action taken by the respective banks on the basis of your complaints.

• COULD YOU PLEASE SHARE THE LINK WHERE I CAN FILE THE COMPLAINT.