Wrong Information

  • Where I can file complaint against PIO who provided wrong and incomplete information? plz guide me.

  • RTI Experts


    Under section 18 of the RTI Act, you could make a Complaint to either the Central Information Commission or the State Information Commission.

    The grounds for making a complaint under section 18 are very wide and includes the aspect of incomplete, misleading or false information being provided by the concerned officer in response to the RTI Application. Under section 20 of the RTI Act, the concerned information officer can be penalized in case of false information being supplied by the officer to the applicant.

Log in to reply