• Can I file RTI on donation taken from students at government schools and colleges in Chennai? Where does that donation money go and what is the money used for?

  • RTI Experts


    The government schools and colleges are public authorities and the RTI Act is applicable to them.

    You could obtain details and statistics regarding donations taken by the concerned government institute/university and the purpose for which the donation has been received. You could obtain information relating to the rules of obtaining donation and the rules relating to its utilisation.

    Under section 2(f), you could get the certified copies of the relevant documents and records including the copies of rules, official correspondence, orders/notifications passed in this regard and related documents

Log in to reply