Certificate Verification

  • Can we file RTI applications to private college/university for mark-sheet or degree certificate verification?

  • RTI Experts


    The process of degree/mark sheet verification is under the ambit of the RTI Act.

    If the said university is a government university, then it is a public authority and the RTI Act is applicable to it.

    In case, it is a private university, then you could approach the concerned public body/authority through which the private university has been granted affiliation.

    You could obtain details regarding the genuineness/validity of the degree along with the details of approvals/affiliation given to the university. Under section 2 (f) of the RTI Act, you could obtain certified copies of the relevant documents and records. You could obtain copies of orders/notifications issued by the authority in this regard along with copies of communications/correspondence exchanged between departments/officials and other relevant documents.

Log in to reply