RTI and Private body deposits

  • I want to file RTI to know whether Sahara India, Sahara Credit Co-operative Society and Alchemist Infra Reality Ltd.are releasing deposit holders money. To which govt.body should I file my RTI ?

  • RTI Experts


    As such, the Sahara Group is a private and does not come directly under the purview of the RTI Act. However, if you wish to obtain any private company related information, you could file a RTI Application with the Registrar of Companies which is a public authority.

    With regards to the information on the release of deposit money, you could file an application with the Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) which is a public authority and the RTI Act is applicable to it. Under section 2(f), you could obtain certified copies of the relevant documents and records.

Log in to reply