Illegal encrouchment in Panchayath road

  • How can I get help form RTI remove illegal encroachment near my home. One person has encroached the Panchayath road land by illegal.

    1. What is the procedure to remove such encroachment ?

    2. To whom we can legally complaint this ?

    3. How can I get the panchayath road details(width) ?

  • RTI Experts


    The municipal authority under which the construction takes place and also the authority to which the land belongs is a public authority and the RTI Act is applicable to it.

    Under section 2(f), you could obtain certified copies of the relevant documents and records. You could obtain copies of the sanctioned plans of the said land along with the approvals and permissions obtained for the said land. You could also obtain details of any complaints made against the said illegal construction and obtain details as to whether the authorities are aware of any construction taking place. Additionally, you could obtain information with regards to reporting of instances of illegal construction taking place and the rules/policy regarding timelines and action to be taken against such activities.

    You could also obtain details from the panchayat and municipal authorities regarding the sanctioned width of the road and actual width along with changes, repairs and othe details in the previous years.

    You could use all the information obtained through RTI and report the encroachment to the concerned authorities or you could also approach an appropriate forum of law to seek redressal of your grievance

Log in to reply