fake land registration

• Sir,

we have registered a land in visakhapatnam AP through a broker. As per documents and survey number

the papers seems it belong to us but another party says its mine and send a lawyer notice saying it belong to him and got registered 10 yrs back.

May I request registrar office to provide legal owner of that particular land. If my registration is fake who is responsible for the deed. Is govt office

is that much blind or helping brokers to do so. what about my money. where I should ask. Is there any forum in district level to solve this. Kindly guide.

• RTI Experts

Depends.

You can avail the benefits of the RTI Act to substantiate and support your case.

You can use the RTI Act to obtain the ownership related documents of the said property. The authority maintaining land and property related records is a public authority and the RTI Act is applicable to it. Under Section 2(f) of the RTI Act, you could obtain the certified copies of the relevant documents and records pertaining to the said property.

You could then use this information to substantiate your case while seeking redressal of your grievance at an appropriate forum.