Jammu and Kashmir

  • Is the state of Jammu and Kashmir in the ambit of RTIA? Can I file a RTI to any department of J&K and get information?

  • RTI Experts


    The state of Jammu and Kashmir has a seperate RTI Act which came into existence in 2009 and as such the same applies only to J&K.

    You could file an application under the J&K RTI Act 2009 and obtain necessary information under section 2(d) of the said act.

Log in to reply