Missing FIR

  • I filed a FIR for a crime, but the application is missing from the records of police station. Could I file a RTI application to track the FIR?

  • RTI Experts


    The police authority is a public authority and the RTI Act is applicable to it.

    You could obtain status of your application along with action taken report. Under section 2 (f) of the RTI Act, you could obtain certified copies of the relevant documents and records.

Log in to reply