RTI to get info for cases.

  • Can I file an RTI to get the information about all the criminal and civil cases filed against a person in a particular city and check his background.

    Whom should this RTI will address.

  • RTI Experts


    You could address the RTI application to the crime records bureau of the concerned state as it is a public authority and the RTI Act is applicable to it.

    However, this would depend on the method under which the particular state's authority maintains its records.

    Under section 2(f), you could obtain certified copies of the relevant documents and records regarding details of any pending cases, the nature of such cases, details of punishment or acquittal, if any and other relevant details.

Log in to reply