Rti online

• I applied for online rti application. Also made online payment for applications fees (10 rs/-).

Now they replied me to pay additional fees for copies in their office itself. But I am ready to pay online as office is 400km from me. As per online rti we can make payment through "view status". But this option didn't appear on their website page. And they are insisting me to in office itself.

So plz guide me how to make payment

• Under RTI Act, 2005 PIO does not have right to ask you to pay additional Fees at their office. They can only ask you to pay the fees and it shall be your duty to pay the fees by any means (IPO/ Court Fees/ Demand Draft/ Banker's Cheque, etc.). There must be online facility to pay additional fees if you have filed RTI Online at the same website from where you filed RTI. However, if online facility is not available, you pay fees through IPO/Demand Draft. Buy IPO of required amount from post office or Online or make Demand Draft from Bank, and send to PIO's Address through Registered Post/Speed Post.

• you can also apply through onlinerti.com but you have to pay their fee for the same.