Details of Cadavers handled at Kempegowda Internation airport

• I would like to get information

1. Name/Address/details of deceased person being transported2. origin/datetime of the flight3. certified copy of documents submitted to avail this facility at the place of origin
    1. Death certificate copy.
    2. Preliminary report on completion of post mortem.
    3. NOC from the local police for transfer of the body .
    4. Embalming certificate.
    5. Details of person who submitted all the paper work
    4. at the time handing/release of body at KIA
    1. Certified copy of all documents submitted

2. details of person who received/took possession of the body

on cadavers (dead body) handled in Kempegowda international airport(KIA) - Bengaluru. Is this possible through RTI?

• RTI Experts

Depends.

The Bangalore International Airport is a private entity and is directly not covered under the RTI Act.

However, various CIC orders have held that as the airport is executing a public purpose, it comes under the ambit of the RTI Act. The landmark CIC order which brought the Mumbai International Airport has clearly held that Public Private Partnership (PPP) projects must be covered under the ambit of the RTI Act.

However, all airports report to the Airports Authority of India which is a public authority and the RTI Act is applicable to it. Under section 2 (f) of the RTI Act, you could obtain certified copies of the relevant documents and records.

• I had applied RTI to BIAL through ONLINERTI...BIAL has responded stating that as per interim orders HC KA...BIAL is not amenable to provisions of RTI Act 2005. Wish ONLINERTI team had done a better job at background work. It would have save my time and hard earned money. I am totally dissatisfied with OnlineRTI service with respect to this RTI application.