Signed project proposal submitted to PARCIII (NPMASS)

• I request the copy of the signed project proposal submitted to PARCIII (NPMASS) entitled "Development of SiC based MEMS Strain Sensors for High Temperature Structural Health Monitoring Applications." My contention has been that 1) the submission of the proposal was not known to me for a long time 2) I did not even have a chance to go through the final proposal (technical as well as budgetary aspects) 3) I am supposed to sign on any proposal in which I am an investigator (in other words, the proposal was submitted without my signature/authorization) Even after repeated requests, DEAN of School of Engineering Sciences and Technology and VC did not give any information. Moreover, it is also contended by the PI that I have signed the proposal, which I am not aware of. Assuming this contention to be correct, I want to have the copy of the signed proposal. Even after repeated requests to inform the funding agency about the situation, I do not not have any information if it was done so. I wan told not to write directly to the funding agency. I wanted that the funding agency be informed that I am not a part of the proposal as it was submitted without my permission with my name as a CO-PI. Please provide the communications between the University and the funding agency. If my contention is correct I want to know how was the proposal forwarded to the funding agency without proper authorization.

• RTI Experts

Depends.

If the said college is a government college, then it is a public authority and the RTI Act is applicable to it.

Under section 2 (f) of the RTI Act, you could obtain certified copies of the relevant documents and records pertaining to the communication exchanged between the concerned bodies. You could obtain copies of orders/notifications issued by the authority in this regard along with copies of communications/correspondence exchanged between departments/officials, copies of any report prepared or survey conducted along with policy related documents and other related details.